Monday through Wednesday 8AM-8PM, Thursday and Friday 8AM-5PM
The Counseling and Mental Health Center exists to support the mental health needs and academic success of TCU students. We provide high quality clinical care, innovative groups and outreach programs, and campus consultation all geared towards helping students feel confident, successful, and fully engaged. Whether students are working on self-discovery, or struggling with stress, anxiety, relationships or psychiatric issues, students can expect confidential, respectful, compassionate, and culturally competent care. Our staff includes licensed psychologists, licensed professional counselors, licensed clinical social workers, and a board-certified psychiatrist. There is no charge for services. We provide:
- Walk-in counseling
- Short-term individual and couples counseling
- Group counseling
- Crisis intervention
- 24/7 Counseling Helpline (call 817-257-SAFE)
- Psychiatric assessment (available only to students working with our counselors)
- Referral assistance for students with longer-term or specialty care needs.
- Consultation to any person who is concerned about the welfare of a student
- Suicide prevention training
- Educational outreach programs to University housing, classes, and campus organizations, and mental health workshops and awareness events.
Initial appointments are by walk-in appointments only. We have daily, Monday – Friday walk-in hours, from 10AM to 12PM and 1PM to 3PM. The Counseling Center is located on the lowest level of Samuelson Hall. Visit our website www.counseling.tcu.edu for more information.