Use of equipment designed for safety or security in a manner inconsistent with the intended use of the equipment or intentional or unintentional use of flame or heat in a dangerous manner. Violators of this policy may also face criminal charges. This includes but is not limited to:
- the activation of a smoke detector in a non-emergency situation whether done intentionally or by failure to exercise reasonable care;
- discharging a fire extinguisher in a non-emergency situation;
- tampering with or activating a building alarm in a non-emergency setting;
- setting fires inside a building and on campus;
- non-emergency or prank use of emergency telephones.